User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: What's your day job? (or night job)

Battle Record
    54-28
    Awards 50+ Wins - 50+ Wins SOTW FL Champion

Re: What's your day job? (or night job)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chapo View Post
    Nigga move up to coke!!
    i live in a small corrupt town.. the biggest coke dealer lives 3 houses from the police station.. type of dude that tricks on comp. instead of handling it himself.. police chief was just indicted on federal charges of excessive force.. too much risk.. too many snitches.
    lyricalz finest

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by it's Moist View Post
    I do anything. I mostly studied in print based publication. So i know more about book layouts than internet layouts. But i know how to research. So i can pretty much do anything people need.

Don't have any examples on the internet.

Still working on that. Need to set me up a website as one of my short/long term goals.
    Word, do you know how to work with Photoshop and shit like that?

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    54-28
    Awards 50+ Wins - 50+ Wins SOTW FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    We're all set with coding, just the gfx themselves. We don't have anyone steady to do them for us. If you're interested, I'll run it by the staff and let you know exactly what type of stuff we'll need done. Do you have any links to any of your past work?
    yea it's all pretty old though.. haven't really uploaded anything since rb's glory days.. lemme go through my photobucket n ill post a thread in the gfx section.
    lyricalz finest

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    I hate jobs where you can sit at your own desk anytime you want & browse the computer
    Cus there's not much to do
    I'd rather be a slave in Egypt as long as I had benefits & some decent pay & no whips
    But I know in a few years I'll change my tune & a office job will be the way to go

edit: I quit my full time job, looking for something different
    work part time at a middleschool tutoring building
    & a tool/irrigation place
    you underestimate the work of someone who works at home, I work my ass off, I do most of my own stuff instead of out sourcing it like most people, if you can make a living working at home you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, my career is more stressful than a fucking job bagging groceries.
    Last edited by Stranger; March 3rd, 2014 at 04:55 PM

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Product Management for a top insurance company.
    AI

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Yah. Photoshop. Illustrator. Indesign. are my main programs i use.

Photoshop for graphic manupulation and layout mockups.

Illustration for graphic making that i cant make in photoshop. Usually has to do with curved lines. (example. typography). if i impliment them in my design.

and indesign won't apply here. since im not making a book publication.

I know how to use dreamweaver. Dont need to know coding to set up a website. But you don't need me for that. Good. Cause i would rather outsource and pay someone to do the coding. haha.

I did take website classes at tertiary education. So i have an idea of what is good and what isn't good. And i can set up basic pages. would rather make the deigns instead of implimenting them. But i should probably work on implimenting them to set up my own site.

Print based media might be dying..
    Last edited by Oxymoron; March 3rd, 2014 at 05:03 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by it's Moist View Post
    Yah. Photoshop. Illustrator. Indesign. are my main programs i use.

I know how to use dreamweaver. Dont need to know coding to set up a website. But you don't need me for that. Good. Cause i would rather outsource and pay someone to do the coding. haha.

I did take website classes at tertiary education. So i have an idea of what is good and what isn't good. And i can set up basic pages. would rather make the deigns instead of implimenting them. But i should probably work on implimenting them to set up my own site.

Print based media might be dying..
    Word, if you'd be down to help us out with gfx, try to do a few quick examples of what you can do and I'll show the stuff to the admins, we were just talking about needing a gfx head the other day.
    @God of War @ILLunatic

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    57-8

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    Word, if you'd be down to help us out with gfx, try to do a few quick examples of what you can do and I'll show the stuff to the admins, we were just talking about needing a gfx head the other day.
    @God of War @ILLunatic

Id be keen to help out. My whole style is urban youth. Well thats how i feel.

So I should feel right at home making stuff for you guys.

PM me the deets of what you guys are looking for and i can make up some designs to show yous.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    12-18

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    you underestimate the work of someone who works at home, I work my ass off, I do most of my own stuff instead of out sourcing it like most people, if you can make a living working at home you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, my career is more stressful than a fucking job bagging groceries.
    I'm talking about myself. What's best for me.
    A lot of ppl love the idea of being able to fuck around on the computer a lot of the time.
    I don't want that type of job anymore.
    & personally, I would not want a job working at home just on the computer, that would be way worse.

Battle Record
    57-8

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    I'm talking about myself. What's best for me.
    A lot of ppl love the idea of being able to fuck around on the computer a lot of the time.
    I don't want that type of job anymore.
    & personally, I would not want a job working at home just on the computer, that would be way worse.

In a way. I hate that too. I get so bored of doing nothing. I always fgeel as if i could be doing something more productive right now. If only i wasnt getting paid, i would rather draw n make graphic design.

except graphic design can be so time consuming there isnt much time to fuck around. Well at least my designs. I can spend forever on them. But it just gets to a point where i have to say. okay. stop. You dont need to work on this anymoire. Even though i could.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

I have earned a bachelors degree in business and then went back to school for computer science, earned a bachelors in that and I am now working on a masters in computer science and fielding in the game devlopment side of things

for work I pretty much play video games rofl

I do some freelance here and there but cant be fucked with it because I am working on a game engine so it takes a shitload of my time

Battle Record
    72-33

Engineer

Battle Record
    72-33

Quote Originally Posted by God of War View Post
    I have earned a bachelors degree in business and then went back to school for computer science, earned a bachelors in that and I am now working on a masters in computer science and fielding in the game devlopment side of things

for work I pretty much play video games rofl

I do some freelance here and there but cant be fucked with it because I am working on a game engine so it takes a shitload of my time
    U get paid 2 play video games

Battle Record
    7-1

De ja vu...

I buy supplies for a startup medical lab that is co-owned by some of the largest private hospital networks in the country and the largest oncologist networks in the country. So I watched it grow from an empty facility to a full-scale company. Went from moving in all the original equipment to a kush desk job, my badge still has my regular title though. My position is kind of hybrid though as I don't do most of the purchasing, I generate reports and find solutions to problems. Essentially since I've been there since day one, I inherently know how everything works in some way. It's a curse and a gift cause people are always asking for my help, but it's good to be needed and busy so I'm not always at my desk, I'm walking around and stuff. I'm trying to move into a different role, more of IT for one of our systems, I'll see how that goes this year.

At night, I rap so I write, mix, and record myself and release projects to my non-existent fans. I was doing shows last year but since my fans don't exist it was a pain organizing so I just make music and release at my leisure, though BMI does well by me to send my miniscule payments for shows and whatnot. I have met interesting people in the music biz but if you don't have a money machine behind you or a lot of friends who will help you get fans, give up. I maintain my own website and I do web development like @Dia for a non-profit on a WordPress site and do all their maintenance and IT support but now they've asked about app development so I have to go and teach myself that.

Leave me alone

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

Quote Originally Posted by Lawd View Post
    U get paid 2 play video games
    depends how you look at it, rofl im being paid to build a game engine and create a game but i play video games instead which i blame on toobs rofl